The OMG CD-10 is a hammer-in, non-threaded fastener designed to secure insulation and single-ply membrane to structural concrete. This fastener is available in 50mm - 300mm lengths. The CD-10 is Factory Mutual approved.
Features & Benefits
- Diamond point allows easier installation and less chance of hole damage.
- Split bulb exerts pressure on walls of hole, producing remarkable holding power.
- Strongest hammer-in fastener available.
- Typical pullout values in cured concrete (3000 psi) are over 800 lbs. A pullout test is recommended.
- The OMG CD-10 is Factory Mutual and Dade County approved.
Predrill a 5.5mm hole using a carbide drill bit. The fastener is then installed with a 2 lb. short handle sledge hammer. Minimum fastener embedment into the deck should be 25mm. The predrilled hole must be a minimum of 12.5mm deeper than fastener embedment.
Note: Prior to job start, contact MAK to perform a pullout test to determine the pullout values. Also, care must be taken not to overdrive the fastener causing subsequent damage to the insulation facer.
OMG CR-10 corrosion resistant coating exhibits less than 15% red rust after 30 Kesternich cycles. CR-10 coating exceeds F.M. Approval Standard 4470.
Plates & Accessories
Appropriate steel or plastic plates, depending on application. See Plates section. Use a 5.5mm carbide tip SDS or straight shank drill bit.